Rescue the Children
RESCUE THE CHILDREN
Providing a safe place to heal broken spirits, educate lives, transform hearts,and restore family unity through Jesus Christ!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Helping women plan for a successful future...
Rescue the Children is a protected, secure environment providing emergency and long-term services to at-risk, abused, homeless or previously incarcerated women or women with children. The community provides women and their children a place to get away from destructive lifestyles, offering a place to heal, learn, grow and ultimately becoming productive members of society. Mothers who feel trapped in a dysfunctional setting can find a place of respite. This type of opportunity can create life change not just for the present, but for future generations… one more family who doesn’t have to rely on welfare… one more family that learns to be violence-free.
Who Can We Help?
- Homeless or at-risk mothers and children who who need more than a short stay affords.
- Women who were previously incarcerated will find a safe place to transition back into society, and an opportunity to reunite with their children.
- Children who may have previously been taken from their mother and separated into different foster homes now have an opportunity to stay together when the County refers mothers and children before they find it necessary to remove the children and place them in foster care.
- Families of the men enrolled in our men’s life recovery program will have a safe place to go when they are unable to support themselves and their children. The ultimate goal is to reunite the family once their programs are successfully completed.
Short-Term Care is NOT YET OPERATIONAL, but is envisioned as the emergency component of Rescue the Children. Short-Term Care may offer up to 30 days temporary shelter for women, or women with children, including food, clothing, personal care items, referrals to other agencies that can assist them, and most importantly the love and hope through the teachings of Jesus Christ. A case manager works with the family to develop a strategy to promote a solid foundation for transition and self-sufficiency. Short-Term Care is also the entry point into the Transforming Life Community.
Transforming Life Community
We believe generational change is possible through Christ. The Transforming Life program is a 12-18 month residential program for women and children who have been abused, addicted, homeless, previously incarcerated or at-risk. The goal of this community is to give women and children the tools they need to transition back into society in a positive and self-sufficient manner. It is a holistic program that offers classes in every aspect of life. Women with children can learn how to be better mothers. Women whose children have been taken away will have an opportunity to reconnect with their children in a safe environment. Case management is the first step in determining the needs of each family and a plan is jointly developed.
Career Employment Services
We provide assistance in the development of career paths, resumes and job readiness.
A Christian oriented learning program designed to help parents with their children’s growth. We recognize the value of parents as teachers of their children, and the necessity of educating parents to meet the developmental needs of their children. We strive to empower families to break the cycle of abuse and neglect, and to create lifelong loving relationships through engagement and interaction.
- A fun and safe nurturing environment for children to learn, grow and develop
- Helps preschoolers with kindergarten readiness
- Helps parents develop their skills to help them become better parents through parent education, participation and involvement.
LEARN MORE ... WELCOME TO... CHILDREN'S DISCOVERY CENTER!
Services Provided for Inmates
- Weekly visits to County Jail
- Correspondence—Pen Pals for inmates
- Newsletters to jail and prison
“The spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.”
How You Can Help!
- Donate Online
- Mail your check payable to: Fresno Rescue Mission, PO Box 1422, Fresno CA 93716-1422.
- Set up a monthly Electronic Transfer from your checking or savings account
Through giving efforts, volunteers discover an appreciation for those less fortunate, receive unexpected blessings through their ministry, and witness the awesome power of the Holy Spirit in their midst as they give back to others what God has so freely given them.
“Everything is possible for him who believes.”
Rescue the Children Community
2141 N Parkway
Fresno, CA 93705
Phone (559) 227-2190
Fax (559) 226-4786
Front Desk, Ext 131
Priscilla Robbins, Director of Women & Children's Services
firstname.lastname@example.org, Ext 104
Norma Acosta, Program Support
email@example.com, Ext 109
Kirstina Barkman, Case Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org Ext 103
Chaplain Frances Brannan, Community Care Coordinator
email@example.com Ext 105
Trish Carruth, Children's Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org Ext 108
Debra Ehrlich, House Manager, Activities Scheduler
email@example.com, Ext 100
firstname.lastname@example.org Ext 110
Debbie Weiler, Case Manager
email@example.com, Ext 120
Cynthia Williams, CAS* Case Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org Ext 111
CAS: Certified Addiction Specialist