RESCUE THE CHILDREN
A Community of Faith, Hope and Love...
Providing a safe place to heal broken spirits, educate lives, transform hearts, and restore family unity through Christ!
Assisting At-Risk Families
The Fresno Rescue Mission has expanded its services to more effectively assist at-risk families by creating a new community for women with children. This has truly been a community project, filled with miracles only God could have authored. Our goal is to open Rescue the Children during the second quarter or 2012. The individual ministries of Rescue the Children are:
- Short-Term Care (30 day emergency services)
- Transforming Life Community (12-18 month residential life transformation community)
- Samaritan Women (Services for incarcerated women)
In the past our ministries have focused on the children OR the mother. Our new focus will be keeping the children with their mothers, taking a more holistic approach to healing the family.
Why Do We Think This Is Important?
A protected, secure environment providing emergency and long-term services such as food and shelter, case management, life skills classes, job training, mentoring, counseling and Bible studies offers women who are in an abusive situation the opportunity to get away from a destructive lifestyle, giving them and their children a place to heal, learn, grow and ultimately become productive members of society. Mothers who feel trapped in a dysfunctional setting can find a place of respite. This type of opportunity can create life change not just for the present, but for future generations… one more family who doesn’t have to rely on welfare… one more family that learns to be violence-free.
Who Can We Help?
- Women and children who are at-risk, homeless, abused, or previously incarcerated can take advantage of Rescue the Children.
- Children who may have previously been taken from their mother and separated into different foster homes now have an opportunity to stay together when the County refers mother and children to Rescue the Children before they find it necessary to remove the children and place them in foster care.
- Women who were previously incarcerated will find a safe place to transition back into society, and an opportunity to reunite with their children.
- Homeless or at-risk mothers and children who previously took advantage of our Emergency Family Shelter who need more than a short stay affords.
- Families of the men enrolled in our Academy life transformation program will have a safe place to go when they are unable to support themselves and their children. The ultimate goal is to reunite the family once their programs are successfully completed.
- Support services are also offered to women currently incarcerated.
For more information, contact Rescue the Children at (559) 227-2091.
“Everything is possible for him who believes.” Mark 9:23
Deborah Torres, Director of Women & Children's Services
2141 North Parkway Drive
Fresno CA 93705
(559) 227-2190, Ext 106